Monday, May 19, 2014

Houston...Rockets...Houston...Rockets!

Hey "y'all!" (Still practicing my Texas slang) Sorry to have been ducking down for a month now! I've just been one busy bird with travel and work.. You know how it goes. But I do have some outings and pics from the past few weeks to share.

For all you sports fans, we know Houston has its ups and downs when it comes to winning...especially lately. Being a San Franciscan I obviously have my favorite teams but I like to put pride aside and support our local sports. I was fortunate enough to have some friends who invited me to one of the Houston Rockets playoff games at the Toyota Center downtown. I've been a couple times before earlier in the season but this game, regardless of the loss, was nothing less then great. We had tickets to the Bud Light Party Suite (this is truly the way to go! Unless you have 2nd row... But not all of us can swing that). 
Before the game we got there a bit early and went to the pre game area in the park adjacent to the arena. They had beer, a cover band, and fun things for the kids. If you want to kill time and get pumped up, it's free and fun (the beer is not free, sorry). Once inside through crazy lines, my peeps and I sat up at the bar that overlooked the game and directly looked into the great big tv screens decending from the center. This allowed us to all talk and sit around each other, or watch the game comfortably without a head in front of you. Being in a suite we had a fully stocked bar with a very helpful and friendly bartender, Brian. I think the best part of the suites though is having a clean, not over crowded bathroom in the hall. I know it makes the ladies quack!
I wish I could be of more help with parking around Toyota Center but we had a parking pass...another huge perk of knowing someone. No matter where you park around the center it will cost nothing shy of $10 and the closer you get the pricier. The closer you get the longer it takes to get out as well... So if you don't mind, I'd suggest getting there early, parking a little farther away in a lot, and waddling your ol tail up to the game. Remember, no glass or guns please; security is tight!
I'd say whether you are a sports fan or not, the games are a great time with friends, family or even a casual date. They have a lot of entertainment during the game and they really get the crowd pumped up!


What: Houston Rockets game
Where: Toyota Center downtown www.houstontoyotacenter.com
When: playoffs game 2 vs Portland Trail Blazers
Score: POR 112, HOU 105 (wah wah)
Overall: 5 feathers!

No comments:

Post a Comment